My little man is gone, he is staying with Grandma and Grandpa Brinkerhoff for 8 DAYS. That's a really long time, in pregnant hormonal mommy world-it's forever. Levi is getting surgery this next week to fix his sleep apnea and we've heard it's a pretty rough recovery so we needed help. My sweet father in law suggested that Landon come and hang out with them for a week and at first, all I could think about was all of the reasons he shouldn't go. He's been sick, 8 days is too long, he's potty training and who wants to inflict that upon people they love?! In the end the pros outweighed the cons and now little man is peacefully sleeping (I hope!) in his very own big bed at Grandma and Grandpa's. I just have to share how ridiculous my emotions have been! I bawled almost all the way home from Rawlins (where we met up with Aunt Bridget), slept a little when I got home and then promptly started crying again when I learned that he would be seeing Santa tomorrow for the first time! I will probably resume later tonight when I wake up to pee around 3:30 am and forget that he's gone and go in to check on him to make sure his blankets are on. Sigh. He's my little buddy! My extra appendage that never stops talking! It's so dang quite in the house...
On the upside, Levi and I had an in-house date where we made huge bowls of salad and watched shows we've fallen behind on as loud as we wanted! Sounds lame but I don't know the last time we watched something in the living room without needing subtitles to understand what was going on so we didn't wake Landon up.
Well, I guess I better make a list of things I can get done while my little helper is gone :) good night sweet baby, I love you.
4 comments:
Awwwwww! Just think how great it will be when he comes home!
Oh, Cari, I can totally relate. I remember right before Lucy was born Matthew and Jenny went to stay with my parents for a week just because. As they were leaving I cried. An hour after they were gone I cried. It got better after about a day. Hope it goes the same for you and that the surgery goes well! Miss you so much!
I know how you feel. The first time I let Justin's parents take Tegan it was suppose to be for 2 weeks. I had just found out I was pregnant with Scout, and I cried every day for the first week so I had to go up and get her. I couldn't take it anymore.
Congats on the baby! I can't wait to see this lil' cutie! It has been too long since I last saw you and your sweet family!
Post a Comment