Monday, September 13, 2010

Big, strong, happy dragon.



I feel horrible for not recording my funny little boy's antics more than I have, but that's probably not going to change so let's not dwell. This post is mostly for me so I don't forget the little details... Our little (almost) 20 month old boy has such an imagination already it blows my mind. I'm not really sure comparatively where he stands with alot of his development with other children, but I'm going to bias-ly say that he's somewhat of a genius. :)
A few of the things he's doing lately:
-He knows his shapes. Circle (his favorite), oval, square, diamond, triangle, octagon, pentagon, star, heart, rectangle.
-The colors; blue, green, red, pink, brown, black, white, purple, orange, yellow.
-The letters 'X' and 'K'.
-All of the body parts.
-He could color all day, and does for the most part. He draws circles, ovals and squares and like to color them in. He really likes other people to draw circles with him/and for him.
-So many other things but I really want to get onto the imagination part!

I've been telling him a story every night for the last 6 nights about a Dragon and a little boy named Sir Landon. I started one night because he was really really wound up and it was 10:30. Ten minutes later, Landon was still laying silently next to me and I looked over to see if he was still awake when he says "Dragon?" I said "Yes honey, a dragon." Silence... "Snuggle mommy?" (My favorite part :) He snuggles me every night before bed). After about 5 minutes he propped his head up with his hands, elbows by my collar bone and said "A dragon, a dragon, a dragon huh?" "Yes honey, a dragon." He put his head back down and fell asleep on me.
The following nights I continued the story and he continued to listen intently. Then tonight, Levi was putting Landon's pajamas on and said that it was time to go Night Night and asked if he wanted mommy to tell a story. Landon said "A Dragon! Big dragon! Happy dragon! Strong Dragon!" I don't particularly remember saying those exact words but I'm sure I did at some point and he remembered them, it's amazing to me that he is picturing in his sweet little mind a big strong happy dragon. He knows what all of those things mean, I wish I could take a peek and see what that dragon looks like...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I read this post aloud to Troy and we both just smiled big about your adorable Sir Landon. What a sweet heart!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

What a funny, smart, sweet, boy! I would have to say that he is a definitely a genius! Lucy and I sure have fun coming over to play. :) Hopefully some of his genius will rub off on her. (She doesn't know her shapes yet.)

Brice and Evee said...

I can't believe how big he is and we still haven't met. I would have to join you in the regret for missed chances to record history, but we can always start today, right.?

Adrienne said...

I love this. This is beautiful.