I have not been to bed yet tonight. This child is making me crazy! When will he start to sleep? Is this normal for a 2 1/2 month old? I ask this because the ladies who have had babies around the same time as me aren't having this problem. ARGH.
He slept from 12:30-3:00, it is now 5:04 and the child is still awake. I want to wake Levi up, say "Here" hand him the baby and go to bed, I however will not of course. I'm not even smiling back at him! First time.
Whenever I look at him he starts smiling, trying to be so cute and I'm so annoyed that I tell him "no, no, it's time to go to bed" ... now he's yelling at me. Not fussing, not crying, yelling.
I just shushed my 2 1/2 month old.
You may be laughing at me right now, but I am not laughing, you're laughing, I am not laughing.
6 comments:
Cari, I am so sorry Landon isn't sleeping. I don't even have any advice for you. But know my heart aches and I hope that you will soon get to sleep and sleep and sleep.
I feel your pain. I can be such a devil at night, it can be so hard to be loving and calm. Something that I do with Kallie and my other two is just lay by them. I swaddle her up like I do every night and for naps so she knows that it is time to sleep- and she is wide awake and it will be 3 am and put her between Trent and I in bed. I then nudge Trent to let him know that the baby is in the bed with us. I really dont like doing this or having my kids think that they need to sleep with their parents but if it means mean or happy mom- I will go with happy mom. Good luck- and I totally will talk with you and share ideas if you would like I am sure that you have gotten lots of advice and I know that it can be REALLY hard- I had post partum with Addison and I really struggled, let me know if I can help in any way.
Cari, I think most of us have had this problem especially when they are really little like that. The best thing I ever did was...after they were fed and burped and I knew all was okay, just lay them in their bed and you go back to bed and get some sleep. Mine eventually would put themselves back to sleep, but this way they are getting no stimulus from you or their surroundings. Even if they cry a bit let them and if you need to after a little bit try rocking them again. They will usually go to sleep pretty fast after crying a little. The very best thing in life is a baby that can soothe themselves to sleep. I had to do this especially with the twins! Lack of sleep really sucks! I experienced a lot of that with Garrett and all of his castings, braces and surgeries. Have you read the book "Baby Wise". If not I would highly recommend this. It really works and this is how I survived premie twins...rather gracefully if I don't say so myself:) Good luck! If you don't like any of my suggestions...No problem, I know how it can be!!!!!I will pray for you girl:)
Cari, Cari, quite contrary...Darling, I think sleep is one of those things in your life you just don't have a very good relationship with. It seems that, as long as I've known you, you have been plagued by nocturnal awakenness. (You totally thought I was gonna say nocturnal emissions, didn't you? I wouldn't reveal your secrets in the comment section of your blog!) I don't think that this is Landon's fault, I think its the Universe, out to get you, giggling at your baggy eyes and unnecessary pajama pants. I might suggest reading him some Betty and Veronica. If I remember correctly, that has always worked in the past. Love you!!
(Don't you love unsolicited advice from a barren woman in MT??)
Oh my friend, I really have to agree with the comment from Texie. This may be really hard for you to do, but feed him, burp him, make sure his diaper is dry, swaddle him up (if thats what he likes) or lay him on his tummy (mine liked that alot), then just leave the room and go back to bed. More than likely, he will cry, maybe even really loud (Mycah did). The fact is...You my dear are the Boss! He's not hurt, sick, starving or in pain...he just wants you to entertain him on his watch. He'll only learn when you make him. Alot of the time, that crying will ware him out...and he will ZONK hard. Good luck to you. Luvs.
Cari-please know that I am not mocking your pain, but seriously have you ever considered doing something like "ED TV" I can't help but be completely entertained with your wit (and it is still quite good even though you are sleep deprived) I wish I could tell you I was super mom and that I can let them cry themselves back to sleep, but I can't....I take that back sometimes I make Joe and he is 2 but it feels like they just cry louder and louder until I know it can't be worth it to stay in bed any longer....but be a stronger mom than me and get some sleep
love ya
Post a Comment