Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moments of the Precious Nature

(I wanted to switch the phrase up a little)
I don't know.
I was just sitting here holding my bebe (the little one), watching him sleep and started to tear up a little (this is common for mommies). So now I'm going to be mushy...

I am so blessed, lucky is not the word because this little man did not happen by chance... well... (just kidding Landon). I have never felt this kind of love before, when he smiles at me I smile so big and it feels like my chest is going to burst. He just giggled in his sleep complete with a squeal and belly shake, I can't wait for him to start doing it when he's awake!

We went over to some friends' house tonight and their beautiful baby girl is 4 days older than Landon, it was so adorable to watch them interact. She smiled a little more than he did as well as being a little more talkative, but we're pretty sure he was just stunned by her beauty... or by the fact that someone was speaking his language.

I sing him a certain song every day and when I do he smiles so big and 'sings' along with me. I love him so much.

Levi and I are always interperating what L-Boogy is saying for each other and the other day he was looking at the words on my shirt wide-eyed and entertained. I was sitting there thinking how amazing it is how we as humans develop and grow so fast. At that moment, Levi comes up behind us and interprets what he feels his son is thinking by saying in my ear... "Booobs!" Ah, the precious moments we create.

4 comments:

the Spearman's said...

I love this story!!!!!! I agree babies are pretty amazing. I am so thankful that I know you are a GREAT mom! Hope to talk to you soon. Love you!

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Somehow- Levi's comment or interpretation doesn't surprise me...at all! I am so happy for you- and I can't wait for the day that I can experience that feeling of being a mommy. You are wonderful!

Anna Beal said...

Hee Hee. That cracked me up!!! Oh the joys of being a mother and knowing that little one is a part of you...your beloved hubby...and God. All put together in one amazing unique little thing. I'm so glad that you finally have your own bundle to enjoy! Miss ya girly.

Unknown said...

Levi is pure man! And it never ceases to amaze me how they are all alike! When my oldest was about a month old I asked my hubby what he thought a baby could possibly be smiling about in his dreams, because he had no memories or experiences to dream about. His reply was "well, he's been to my favorite place." P.S. Sorry if that's not appropriate for your blog, but it's one of his only truly funny moments and I had to share!