Soooo, it doesn't matter what attitude I approach Wednesday with, it still kicks me right in the butt. Here's how it goes, then I promise I'll drop it. 3 posts is enough to complain about the same topic, I know.
It all starts around 6 am. Landon's up and Levi heads off to school around 7:30. We don't see him until about 8:30 pm sometimes later. Then it's off to bed (for him) at 10:00. Wednesday nights are my nights so it just drags on into Thursday, it's like, 2 work days with 4 hours of sleep and a 1 hour break.
*Partial Subject Change*
I am aware that there are some supermoms out there who do this every day and night with more than one child, but I'll be the first to tell you, I am not a supermom. I am a regular ol' mom who likes breaks and sleep and I do not feel guilty for this! I like that Levi gets to spend as much time and puts as much effort into raising our bebe, we've always talked about sharing responsibilities to help each other out and to me this is no different. So we've worked out a schedule where I do Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday nights. He does Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. And it works pretty well, I love this arrangement and I really love when he gets to be home early during the week. It feels like a break when daddy comes home and we sit on the couch and just talk to and love our baby.
...and then that *damn Wednesday comes back around...
*Word is necessarily used to express hatred of said week day.
6 comments:
You make me laugh!
Sorry to hear about your Wednesdays but its great to hear that you guys split it up - I think I was trying to just do it all and really burned out.
Hey I gave you an award on my blog 'cause I love reading yours!
Some of us women started off being super moms from the begining and now there is no turning back cause the other half is now trained to block out the baby cry. We mommys wish that we were regular ol moms from the begining and shared the duties with the Daddys cause now we are paying for it, :(
I don't believe in a "Super Mom"...oh except for my own. NO she's really not. I'm with you on all that stuff. I don't know what I'd do if my husband was so busy with work and other things that he'd rarely be home. I'm a big believer in "sharing" the load.
I "ditto" what Cole Family said! "Supermom" is not a goal, it's a curse. 10 years into this I am still trying to convince all members of the household, even the dog, that I am not the alpha omega! Stick to your guns and keep hating Wednesdays Cari!
BTW: I checked out your new pics and LOVE them! When did Kyle get so tall?! Seeing your pics reminded me of the fold in Kyle's ear. Is that weird?! Why did I just remember that?!
K. I know what I need to do now. And I'm so sorry about Wednesdays! And I think you are a wonderful mom (super or not). Seriously. :)
Post a Comment