Bleh. That's the only way I can think to describe how I feel right now. I am sooo tired, all I can smell is milk mixed with my perfumatic (it's a word) attempt to mask the smell, my hair is in a perma pony tail, (seriously, is there another logical way to wear your hair when you have a two week old?) and my outfit? well, let's just say the need to do laundry has significantly dropped at my house. I look gooood.
I'm continuously checking the clock to keep track of how much time I have left before my poor screaming gassy baby wakes up, I'll feed him, change him, and burp him. Then I'll walk around my little apartment with him for about 45 minutes until he calms down and falls asleep in my arms. I'll crawl into bed praying that he sleeps for the alotted 3 hours he has been sleeping the last few weeks (past 3 days excluded) and do it all over again.
After all this however, when he's falling asleep and he gives the little smiles and the new tiny giggle accompanying them, things really don't seem (or smell) all that bad.
6 comments:
Sorry about your lack of sleep! I imagine he is worth it though. I am sure that a bond like that is a blessing.
Cari, welcome to Motherhood...and I will honestly say...this will pass soon enough. Oh I so feel for you. I am right behind you and will do that exact thing in just a few months...only, I'll get to do it with two monkeys running around the house. Hang in there. Spring will be here soon and you'll be able to get outside for some walks and hopefully "let your hair down".
I feel your pain. Tegan was a gassy, and at times I thought I would loose my mind. I always felt bad about not enjoying her as much as a baby, but it was hard when I felt like all she did is cry. Good side, it doesn't last forever, and it will get better. They are a joy though, and it only gets better.
Hey Cari.. Good luck with your baby!
Just a few things in case you have not tried them. Hope one of them help
--Dont shake the bottle if he is using one..it puts air in it..gentley tilt back and forth
--Go get a few bottles of mylacon..it helps and no side effects..can be given ever few hours.
--Prop him up just a little their esaphagus(sp) is not stong enough to hold milk down and tends to burn.
--Warm a rice sock up in the microwave and place it on his tummy while rubbing it.
--Push his knees up to his tummy to try and assist in pushing the gas out.
Good luck. Believe me I am the queen of techniques cause Carson was so dang cranky, so if you have any other situations, hit me up and I will let you know what I tried. Let me know how it all worked
I was so hoping that he was going to be a dream baby for you, and he still will be, just not right away. :) I have to say that the first two weeks are always the hardest for me, too. Hopefully it will be better from here on out, give or take a few days. As for the milk smell, don't worry. I always feel stinky after having a baby, too, but I think it is mostly in our heads made worse by a lot of hormones. You will get back to your (new) normal soon--I promise! Call me if you ever need someone to talk or complain to because I understand.
Post a Comment