So I think the worst part of the "baby blues" is over now! I was a wreck for a while, but mom is coming back to help on Wednesday and just knowing that she'll be here soon has made me relax. Also, I had a very good friend who's been through it all before help me out, it was good to talk to someone who can relate and helped me feel not so alone. I'm not exactly one who likes to ask for help or admit when I'm feeling weaker than I believe I should be at a given moment, having a baby has started to change this... it's hard to be a new mommy! And accepting help is okay, accepting help is okay, accepting help is okay... I'll get it.
His third week (last week) was by far the hardest for us, he was soo fussy and we had no idea why, then like magic, on Saturday he started being good ol' Landon. (Started being a key word). Levi was amazing through all of it, we made a deal that I would get up with him during the week since he has school and he would take him on the weekends. He took 2 extra nights and brought home my favorite roses! He gets a gold star for sure.
Now poor little guy is congested, it's in his chest and it's hard for him to eat because he can't breathe through his nose. That's where the booger sucker comes back into play. He sure hates that thing...
As of right now, he's laying on my chest fast asleep breathing just fine and I don't think I'm going to put him to bed just yet... Why? Cause he's my baby, and I don't have to :)
5 comments:
Hang in there girl! Being a first time mom is so hard. Actually having a new baby period is hard, but my hardest adjustment was definitly my first--with added on syndrome arthrogryposis, clubed hands and feet, skull fracture, bracial plexus injury, nystagmus and potential retardation.....hang in there girl. Give me a call if you need to talk...I can definitly relate.
I wish I could help more! I'll be around all weekend.
AND, today is Troy's Birthday so sometime (not today because I have to work) I will be making some yummy food to celebrate. Levi and you should come up and partake. I'll let you know.
I am so glad that things are looking up! I had my worst baby blues with Kellon. I remember crying over anything or nothing and Brice would just hold me and say it is going to be all right--what can I do.? A supportive husband like Levi and Brice really make all of the difference because eventually you realize that you are not alone. Even though there are some things that only Mommy can do.
Oh Cari! I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling to swell. I am a bad friend and haven't even called you. Next time you see me, feel free to slap me. I won't even cry. I promise.
Feel Better!
Can you even believe that you can be so in love with someone that in truth just makes you tired?! So tired! It DOES get better. Trust me. Now, 6 years later, with everyone officially in school I can honestly say it's worth it! They are such a blessing now (except when they are trying to kill eachother- then not so much)! Just keep loving on him. There's nothing in the world that can't wait till you feel better and Landon is asleep. Love Ya!
Post a Comment