Scene: I'm debating whether or not to cut my hair or continue growing it out.
Ask the husband- "What should I do?"
Now, I'm not asking him to entrap the guy, I really am stuck.
Answer: "It's not like you look hideous or anything with short hair..."
My reply: ".......I'm putting this on my blog."
Husband comes in begging me not to put it on the blog... in his argument says, "I'm just tired of it short!"
Now, if you don't know Levi, this makes him sound like a big fat jerk. I however know, after 6 years of marriage (as of Saturday), that the dude just doesn't think about things before they come out. I've learned this, I accept this and now I'm sharing it with the world wide web.
Thanks babe.
6 comments:
knowing levi just a little bit makes that story all the funnier
You know what I've learned about husbands. They really don't think about that stuff the way we do. So when we ask them a question, that we obviously can't find an answer too ourselves (of course after much thought), they in turn give us the first thing that comes to mind...not much thought involved. This is what I have to say about the hair. I have been growing mine out now for quite some time...and what a pain. I always say that, then I cut it short then want it long again. For our husbands, they just like to be able to run their fingers through it :)
Ha ha! Thanks for sharing! I think that I am the one in the relationship that does these kinds of things. Tom never seems to do this. Strange, but oddly appropriate, if you know us.
I bet that Levi is thrilled that you have a way to share these moments with the world. :) I have to say that Brice has learned that he should never directly answer these questions--just leave it up to me because that is who will ultimately, eventually decide anyway.
Just a note from one mom to another. I just read Mother Worriers by Jenny Mccarthy. I highly suggest every mother to read it. It is an easy read, very touching, and life changing. Let me know what you think.
You are hilarious! I should start one of these to post all of the hilarious things my kids say, and all of the inapproriate things my husband says! And I have to first say that I can't believe you've been married 6 years, you're not even that old in my mind! And also after 13 years of marriage myself, I can tell you that husband's do not grow and adapt very quickly. Be patient. He's probably still comparing you to his mom.
Post a Comment