Our little baby made his way into the world this morning! I feel truly blessed with how things went with the labor, I feel like I got a little bit of a break since the pregnancy was so rough... I started getting contractions around 1:30 am, woke Levi up at 4:30 am, got to the hospital around 5:30 am. Received my blessed epidural at 7:30 am, pushed for 2 hours and Landon came out on his scheduled due date at 10:44 am!
This summary makes it sound easy, I will say they went smoothly, but easy is not a word I would ever use for this experience. Mothers are amazing, if not for any other reason, but the fact that they bring little humans to life. I'm not going to lie, or even try to be modest, I was a freaking champ. I've never been so focused and determined on one single goal in my life. The nurse and doctor told me what to do, and I did it, with everything that I had.
Now, the women who do this without medication, I don't know whether to think that your sanity was lost somewhere in the whole process, or if you're simply goddesses. Maybe both. I know my limits and I will never give birth without that lovely assistance. In fact, if I could have an epidural throughout the whole pregnancy I would do it. I hate being pregnant! But I love being a mommy... So yes, it was worth it.
I have not slept for a full 24 hours as of right now, when we get a chance I promise to post some pics!
9 comments:
I am so proud of you and so sorry I am not up there to be with you and see your new family. Call me when you can since I know you will be busy.
Congratulations!! I'm so glad that he came and that it went "smoothly" and that you weren't in labor for too long. I hope all is well and that you recovery quickly.
Congratulations!! I am so glad that everything went well, you deserved to have a good labor. Can't wait to see pictures.
CONGRATS! and I agree with you on everything. I don't know if I should applaud women for delivering naturally or if I should point fingers and call them crazy. I think a little of both because it's not something I can do.
My first kid I pushed for 2 freakin hours as well which that's why I was shocked that after 4 pushes they were like, he's here. I sat up and said "WHAT?!"
I'm glad everything went well and I can't wait to see your adorableness.
YAY!!!! I am so, so, so excited for you guys! I really wish I was there. I am looking forward to some pictures of your little guy. Congratulations, I'm so glad it went "smoothly".
You are a freaking CHAMP! You really don't realize the miracle of birth until you go through the whole pregnancy etc. yourself. It's amazing mother and baby can survive the whole experience, and that most of us are born "normal". Although with my experience I don't think there is a "normal". We are all unique and that is the best part! Way to go!
Kim's Mom said:
CONGRATULATIONS...glad the delivery was easy on you, because the next 20 years will be filled with blessings, laughter, challenges, etc. (Give gave me your blog address).
You really are superwoman! I am so jealous of a 9 hour labor. We will see how long this next one takes for me--yes I am hinting at something.
Congrats on the new baby! You are amazing, and I absolutely love this post- your thoughts are so insightful- you are amazing! Love you and congrats again!
Post a Comment