Friday, December 12, 2008

Sick...

1. Leftover homemade mashed potatoes which have been frozen, thawed and consumed. While they still taste better than Instant mashed potatoes, still not a good idea.
2. Me.
I woke up Sunday morning with a familiar taste in my mouth that I can only imagine hell would taste like if places had tastes. I was filled with dread and started to cry a little to myself... (an act that is not uncommon these days). I thought for sure I was getting back what some idiot named, 'morning sickness', and I was so mad! I thought "No freaking way am I doing this again already, this pregnancy is almost over and I am not going to feel the way I did for those horrible first 5 1/2 months of pregnancy. (whimper, sniff...)
Well, it just so happens that that taste comes along with the flu bug as well when I'm pregnant. I never thought I would ever be grateful to have the flu, but I was and am. (Oh, and what's the point of getting a flu shot again?)
This week has made me remember how much I really hate throwing up, made me dread having to clean throw up for however long there are vomiting children in my home, and again, made me appreciate the flu. The flu comes and goes, but morning sickness seems to last forever.

6 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Amen to that!

Carrie said...

sorry to hear you had to flu, but I am with you on the morning sickness. For me it lasted 9 months, and it really felt like an eternity. No one should have to endure that, and people wonder why I am having trouble deciding whether or not to have another one.
Hope you feel better soon.

Brice and Evee said...

Morning sickness vs. the flu--definitely take the flu. Hope you get better soon though. Puking with a pregnant belly is definitely more work than normal.

Texie said...

Glad you found my blog too! And I yours. You're so funny!!!! That's what I remember!

Juanita said...

hey i found your blog through Texie's. It's been a long time so I hope you remember me from Sheridan. Funny we have the same last name 'cause I married a Brinkerhoff. Congrats on thr pregnancy - and you're almost done. The end was the worst for me, but once you have that sweet baby its all worth it!

Eric and Julia said...

Bless you!!! If you do go before me I would love it if you just pretended like you were still pregnant just for my sake. Well unless we happen to be in the hospital at the same time and you have yours like an hour before me then that would be okay. Good luck, don't you just love waiting???