Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Haunting of the Creepy Baby.

It all started one cool and breezy evening in Burlington Wyoming. The house was quite except for the creaky tin roof swaying in the breeze (gotta love living in a trailer house). Mom and I sitting there just having conversation when all of the sudden... "Ha ha.. ha ha" a creepy baby laugh fills the silence followed by the tune "Rock a bye baby in the tree top"...
It came from a toy. A toy that will not play if you push the button, but will however, play randomly and I do mean randomly. At any given time any given day. I finally put it in the car, but then on my trip to Sheridan, creepy baby and song interrupted my thoughts to "I really hate that toy".
Toy forgotten until tonight. When, while just sitting on the couch thinking I should really go to bed, I hear the creepy baby again. But this time I couldn't find it, I tried to follow the sound.
"Ha ha... ha ha" "Rock a bye baby in the tree top"
...it's taunting me right now, as I type. It's sitting by my feet continuously laughing, and then... silence.. when will the silence be broken? You don't know, I don't know... only the creepy baby knows...
Anyways, following the sound, then it stops. Again. Try to find it, my heart starts beating faster and faster... Okay so I'm a little bored waiting for Levi to get home from softball. But seriously, a little unnerving sometimes, I'll admit it, a toy I can't control? Oh wait, there's a screwdriver in the next room... BWAHAHAHAHA. Who's laughing now Creepy BABY?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate toy that can talk or make sounds too! Hope the toys is quite!! ;)

Brittany said...

LOL. Oh my gosh Cari, I laughed through that whole thing. You kill me!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

You are hilarious. I think I would have just thrown the toy away in the trash can outside. I think you are a little braver than me. Thanks for watching Ginger, by the way. Sorry if she was a pain.

Anonymous said...

That's funny.

We have a creepy cat toy that goes off randomly and is completely annoying.