Friday, June 26, 2009

Giggles

Landon and I took a trip to Loveland CO to meet with our long lost Texan friend Kimberly. He usually sleeps through the majority of a trip so I figured we'd be totally fine in the nap department. Nope! No sleeping for baby this trip! We left the house around 10:45 ish, and got home around 5:00. He only slept for 1 1/2 hours the whole time (not usual). Back story finished.
He WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP! He finally went down around 8:00 pm but during the rest of the time we went back and forth between me bouncing him, to just laying him down, feeding him, and changing 2 diapers. He's gotten to the point where we can just lay him down most of the time and he'll 'sing' himself to sleep.
At one point during this, I was standing up and bouncing him, he was laying down in my arms. He looked up at me and smiled a huge gummy grin at the same time putting his little hand up to my face and started squeezing my nose like he likes to do sometimes, I smiled back down at him.
He giggled.
I giggled.
He giggled back.
I giggle.
He giggles.
I just start laughing continuously.
He giggles in perfectly timed spurts.
We do this for about 4 minutes straight.
This was one of my favorite moments with him.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so cute! THose are the best times.

Kaysi said...

That is so sweet. I love those moments, it's nice to remember those when you're up with them in the middle of the night :)

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

That is great. I love every stage. It's all worth it, right? That is what I have to keep reminding myself cause Lucy is cutting more teeth! Yikes.

Jane Josselyn said...

What no pictures of Landon and Kim? I was hoping you would snap one or two!