Monday, October 13, 2008

Not only for sports...

A strange necessity...
Elbow pads. These are necessary for the protection of elbows. I'm not sure how I missed growing into these elbows of mine, but somewhere along the way this important step in the process of growing upwards in my body was neglected. I feel it is safe to say that I honestly, no exaggeration intended, with all the recollection in my brain, bang these pointy parts of my body into nearly everything, every day. Walls, bathroom counters, doorways, the inside and outsides of vehicles, the dogs' house, other people, grocery shelves, shelves of any kind...
Let me just take a second to rant. A wall is not exactly something that is easy to miss. You don't ever hear of anyone running into a wall and someone saying to them, "Really, how could you have seen that? It's a wall!" No, I'm afraid walls are some of the most obvious objects we have in our lives.
Now let me point out that these are not strange walls, these objects I have continually run into with my elbows are all on friendly and familiar territory, ie. my home.
Onto doorways.
Is it common to misjudge the width of your very own doorway? Not once, not twice, but on a fairly regular basis? I'm afraid the answer is 'no'.
Sigh.

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

So are you wearing elbow pads around the house??? You are funny.

Jamie said...

So...did you finally get some elbow pads then? If so, I think a picture is a must!