Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Love/Don't Love

I love that Levi can put Landon to sleep so effortlessly. He is so calm & laid back, while I, after so long of holding bebe start to get irritated because I get hot, plus he weighs like 50 pounds now. I want to be more like my husband in this regard, it was one of the things I first noticed about him, he's just so calming and comfortable to be around.
As I'm typing this, Landon's famous yells are coming out of the bedroom, and it makes me smile, because 1. I'm not in there, and 2. I know Levi's just calmly rocking the swaddled overtired babe to sleep.
Oh! And we solved the sleeping crisis! I tried all the advice we were given at least once. NOTHING. It seemed to be worse than before! So I broke down and bought a book, the author is a terrible writer (really.. awful, drove me nuts reading it) but had some really good points, we used one and voila! Sleeping baby!

I do not love, fixing people's crappy color jobs. I hate it, not because of the work, but because the whole time I'm trying to figure out what on earth they were thinking while doing that person's head of hair.
I don't understand it. At all.
I just fixed one today, and probably 26 times during the highlighting process I said "What?" "What the hell is this?" and finally, "I don't know. I just don't know." Now she does hair too, I don't do this to the poor clients who come in for a color fix. I simply work, scream inside my body because of how negligent the person was before me, fix, and then complain to someone who cares and understands.
Anyway, the point is, there is absolutely no excuse for a truly awful job done, it's taught in freshman class in Cosmo school. Seriously people, take a little time and pride in your work.
And... done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the girl that does my hair messes it up on purpose. ON PURPOSE!!! I don't want to think that. I really don't. But the last TWO cuts I got, I had to get them fixed. I asked her for razored ends and she started cutting and pulling with those scissors that are part comb. My eyes got big and inside my head my vanity screamed, "NOOOOO!" Then I got it fixed. I'm not going back and I feel terribly guilty about it, but dude...twice?? Seriously??
I think the only thing to do is to drive to Cheyenne every four to six weeks. Must run that by the husband.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Reading this last post I have dubbed you my new hair person (I don't know what to call it). And also am so glad that you have resolved the sleeping issues. Does he take good naps? And if so, how do you get him to do it? Lucy is a cat-napper and so I need some help with this one. Haven't had trouble with my other kids and naps, but Lucy. . .

Unknown said...

If I lived anywhere near you, I'd have you do my hair. Unfortunately the eight or nine hour drive would make that a little impractical!

Thanks for the birthday love!